Sunday 27 September 2009

Day 8 - Rest. Luz and a dose of imodium.

I finished day 7 feeling a bit crap, quite literally. Not very pleasant. Les Armitages Shanks took an overnight battering.

I managed to get up quite late, struggle into Luz, struggle to park as the town was chock-a-block with sheepskin hunting tourists and a drunk brass band. Once in town I visited the Artisan Boulangerie and bought a couple of nice baguettes. Solid simple food being the order of the day. It took 15 minutes to buy bread. The locals like a little chat with the one woman serving and they like to be a little fussy when ordering. The old timer in front of me said "Can I have 3 well cooked, very crusty baguettes please?.........no not that one.......the eighth one from the left....actually no, could I have the one next to it". I hope that they had strong denture cream. They looked so crusty that I think you could open the batting with them. The woman behind the counter look quite relieved when I just asked for "two baguettes please, you choose for me treacle".
So fancy baguettes, apricot jam and coca cola. By 8:47pm I was able to fart with confidence again.

In the end it was quite nice just to do nothing really. It's been a very busy week.

A couple of pictures of Luz-Saint-Sauveur.


No comments:

Post a Comment