Wednesday 16 September 2009

A few days before....

I'm starting to get excited now. It's the last few days before the big drive. Last night I braved the torrential monsoon in Ealing to go and buy some new tyres for the car. One was a Czech tyre that I've had 3 years use out of and the other one was as bald as a baby vulture. Both were near the legal limit and I didn't want to go through the hassle of getting them done by the French. So now I have 2 high quality Avon tyres that have already made the car so much quicker. Of course the performance improvement is all in my mind but it's my car and I can think what I like!

Last nights rain which turned Ealing into the Ganges delta.



Bertha in the garage.



A typical peasant from the Pyrenees. One to avoid at all costs. The sort of face that has mountain goats running back up mountains.

1 comment: